Wednesday 14 September 2016

(Old Idea) Progress

The topic I have chosen to investigate is social issues in film. This has been narrowed down to: drugs, peer pressure and violence. The reason I have chosen to study this is because I feel it a very relevant topic in the modern time. With social media taking over, social issues such as drugs are undermined and not concerned such a big risk. Therefore, by investigating the possible impact of miss use of drugs, uncontrollable violence and peer pressure I hope to show that social issues are a problem.

My focus film is Requiem For A Dream, this is because it is a film all about addiction and the social issue of drugs. I find the film more interesting than most other drug films because it doesn't just focus on addiction to drugs it focuses on addiction to food and money. This film relates to my focus topic because it explores social issues in a unique way as it actually shows some consequences to drugs, it also show how addiction is harmful.

A key scene I want to use to back up my focus title is the ending of the film. This is when the characters instantly stop being invincible and we see as an audience how corrupt addiction can make people and therefore it really shows how social issues can affect an individual on a different levels as the four different characters end up with very different fates.


My secondary sources are still incomplete due to a change of topic very recently. I am however working on finding sources through extras on DVD's and the books in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment